Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Post-3.1 Madness Over

I declare the post-3.1 profit season closed - at least from my perspective. It's been nice while it lasted and I ended up with more than double the gold I started with. Most of that was made selling glyphs. But now glyph prices have gone back to normal and even below that. In a way I am thankful because I was getting tired of posting hundreds of auctions, watching them like a hawk, logging back every 10 minutes or so, reposting, etc.

Some glyphs are still selling reasonably low, but the new ones which were discovered from the Book of Glyph Mastery have dropped from a few hundred gold to around 50 or less. Oh well, it was definitely expected.

So now I can finally concentrate on other things. I have to confess, I'm not much of an Auction House player. I do speculate when I see an underpriced item but I playing the AH is not really how I like to play WoW. It's just a small part of the game.

Finally, here's another thought for you. While during the first days after the patch it was a good idea to sell a Book of Glyph Mastery if you found one, usually for 3000-5000 gold, now it's becoming less important, what with all the books flooding the AH. On the other hand, if you can sell one for 1000 gold or so, I would call it a good deal. There's a fine balance between the 2 alternatives. I'm gonna have to think hard about this when I find my next book.

No comments: