Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Good Time for Farming

One of the recent changes that I was dying to try out after my return to WoW was the new mining mechanics, i.e. mining a node in one hit, similar to herbing. Well, after flying around on my 80 hunter through my favorite farming zone, Sholazar Basin, I realized that it wasn't gonna be a very fruitful endeavor. I'm especially talking about ore nodes.

You see, the reason was a very simple one: the time was between 6 and 10 PM. Ergo, lots of competition.

Last night I didn't have sleep so I decided to farm a little. This time, it was somewhere between 11.30 PM and 12.30 AM. In half an hour of flying around I had about 50 Saronite Ore and countless assorted herbs. Well, everyone knows that farming at night is the most profitable but I didn't imagine that such an early hour would yield so much stuff.

Herb nodes especially were so plentiful that I barely launched in the air and had to land again to pick one.

As an obvious conclusion (and I'm sure most people know that), if you need to farm ore or herbs, do it after 11PM. The later the better.

No comments: