Listen up fools! As of now, I'm better than y'all! And ya know why? Because I have just completed Tough Love, unlike the rest of you pansy-ass slackers.
Truth be told, I had almost given up on this achievement because yesterday was my first daily attempt and I couldn't find a good group for the death of me. I tried 3 different groups. The first one wiped 3 times (I only died once thanks to Feign Death) before we called it quits. The second and third groups couldn't even hold their members together after dicking around for almost an hour in each.
So today I found an awesome group on the first attempt and I actually used yesterday's daily because yesterday I hadn't used my attempt yet. That was smart of me, in retrospect. Even more mind-boggling, we did all our 5 attempts without wiping, except for one guy who was laggy and kept stepping in the wrong type of puddle.
But it's all good. It was an amazing run with a good group who knew what they were doing. I knew some basic strategies but here's a quick outline of how our group handled it. "Our" strategy worked very well and I recommend you try it, especially if yours fails.
0. Hunters and other pet classes, forget about using your pets. Put them on passive, as they'll die anyway.
1. Everyone should start out by wearing the PURPLE perfume.
2. First boss to go down is the PURPLE guy, i.e. the one you hand in the quest to.
2.5. Tank should hold all these guys with their backs to the group.
3. While fighting the PURPLE guy, it is perfectly fine to stand in PURPLE goo. It won't hurt you. Move like hell from the GREEN stuff though.
4. Once PURPLE guy is dead, switch to GREEN guy.
5. Also switch perfumes to GREEN.
6. Standing in GREEN stuff is now ok, but avoid PURPLE.
7. After GREEN guy is dead, focus on the last guy, who's the one without a shield, running around like crazy and throwing bottles at everyone.
8. That's it.
One more thing: the 3rd guy, the one running around like his ass is on fire, doesn't have a threat table, meaning that everyone should unleash all they've got on his ass. He will occasionally switch "aggro" to a random member.
I was pretty lucky to win a couple of very nice rolls.
One: I got to replace my outdated Titanium Impact Choker with a Sweet Perfume Broach. This was a big upgrade, increasing stats across the board: DPS, AP, crit, ArPen, Sta.
Two: I won a vanity item, which is cloth but looks damn wicked: Vile Fumigator's Mask. You be the judge.
Patch 1.0.5 commentary
4 years ago