- This spec hits like a ton of bricks.
- I'm really really glad I picked Dancing Rune Weapon over Hysteria. It works very nicely and it's not even glyphed.
- The new Death Strike, talented and glyphed strikes like another ton of bricks. It often crits for over 5K. Very happy with it.
- Rotation for these level ~77 mobs is slightly altered: Icy Touch > Plague Strike > (Heart Strike) > Death Strike > dead. Very often I don't even need to Heart Strike, that's how fast they go down.
- Farming with this spec is very quick due to massive damage.
- Thanks to the new 1.5 second mount summoning, farming is even quicker. After each mob I will quickly summon my mount and fly to the next mob. When in Death Coil range, I will dismount in mid-air and fire a Death Coil and then start my regular rotation.
- Due to moving so fast, 3 stacks of Bloody Vengeance are present almost continuously.
- I love Rune Strike and will continue to use it in my rotation. In fact that's one of the things that I love about it: it's outside of the GCD so I just pop it whenever it activates. It's cheaper to cast than Death Coil (costing only 20 RP) and it hits very hard.
- AoE is messy. For the mobs. My (patented, heh heh) method is: Death & Decay, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence, by this time my RP is almost full and I start Death Coiling and Rune Striking since my runes are on cooldown. As soon as my Heart Strike or Death Strike are up, I will use them, thus regaining my health and smashing those mobs to pulp. As a variation, after laying down D&D, if I have enough RP, I will summon a Dancing Rune Weapon and then continue with my routine as outline above. Works like a charm.
- Those damn Furs have a retarded drop-rate.
Patch 1.0.5 commentary
4 years ago