Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Vanity Pet #60 - Kirin Tor Familiar

The Kirin Tor Familiar is one of the trickier pets to get. Not because it's rare per se but it is obtained as reward to a little achievement called Higher Learning. Well, the problem is that the books required for this achievement spawn very rarely in Dalaran, a crowded city, and you can imagine that everyone and their grandma is looking for them. A book can only be read a few times before is despawns.

Anyhoo, to cut a long story short, if you are interested in this achievement, I will direct you to the pet master Breanni who has the best guide on her site.

After having read all the books except Illusion, I spent nearly 2 months hunting that last book. I had given up hope of ever finding it but I was still doing my rounds (with my hunter main) whenever I logged in. This morning, lo and behold! The book had spawned. When I checked my mail, this is what I got:


Using the item will teleport you into a hidden chamber of the Violet Citadel. The mage there will give you the pet when you talk to him.


With this, I now have 60 pets in total. You can see my menagerie here.

As for the pet, he's a cure little bastard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's one of the toughest to get.....