Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

New glyph selling technique

Here's a quick tip regarding how to make gold with inscription. In case your gold from selling glyphs has slowed to a trickle lately, why not try this technique?

I've been experimenting with this new method and it seems to be working. Before I started using this, I was making a pathetic 100G a day or less from inscription but now I'm back to making hundreds and even more than a thousand a day on the weekends. The only thing that seems to make a difference here is how often I can check, cancel and re-post my auctions.

My new method is as follows. I scan the AH using QA3 and select 1 of each glyph that goes for over 20G for crafting. Just one. No more 10 of each glyph. Not even 4 or 2. Though it may seem like a lot of work, I found that it works for me, and in fact it's less work.

The logic (at least how it applies to my server) is that because glyph prices oscillate wildly from one day to the next, they might go from 50G to 5G in a couple of days. If I crafted several of each glyph I'd go nuts and I'd be left with a lot of valueless stock. By crafting just 1 high-value glyph I can strike surgically right at the heart of the glyph market. Wow what a crappy metaphor!

Anyway, now I don't have to worry anymore that my stock of glyphs is losing value. By crafting a single glyph, my stock is always fresh with expensive glyphs. Let those damn campers waste their time on cheap glyphs.

At this point you might say, yes Darth, but you're missing out on a large part of the glyph market. You know what? I don't care. The extra time I would put into crafting the cheaper glyphs just isn't worth it for me. I have enough gold as it is. I'm just trying to keep my gold-making at about 1000G a day from various professions, dailies, instances, etc. Anything over that is just icing.

No comments: