Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Random Heroic: Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom


For my 5th random heroic I found myself in Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom. I wonder who came up with this name. They probably thought it sounds cool but in truth it is unpronounceable.

My group was ok but we nearly wiped once due to some unexpected adds. Actually they all wiped except for me, who as a hunter just Feigned Death.

Another interesting fight was Herald Volazj who once again, as most of these bosses seem to do, had a surprise for little old me. What he does, and I quote Wowhead here, is this:
Insanity - Drive all players in the room to Insanity. During this time, players are phased and can't attack the Herald, but will fight 4 Twisted Visages who use the same abilities as the other party members. Once all the Twisted Visage of one player are dead, this player will help another party member until all Visages are dead.
So that one was fun. I figured it out after I fought about 2 of those guys. I didn't find myself in great danger here so the fight was rather simple. In between transformations everyone would resume what they were doing before, i.e. kick the boss dude's ass.

And that's about it for this heroic. Unfortunately I didn't get any extra achievements, except for the standard 2 for completing it.

Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom
Heroic: Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom

5 comments:

Joshistory said...

He was the biggest surprise for most people when Wrath launched. Sadly, due to some of OK's more difficult pulls and bosses on heroic, most people avoid OK these days on my server. And healers still complain about "fighting" their groupmates. This usually consists of frantic running and healing though. ;) Grats on yet another random heroic.

Celebrandil said...

The achievements attached to Ahnkahet are not easy and with a PuG you usually won't get them. One requires you to kill the vampire boss with only four people, so one has to leave the group (or better log off because otherwise he's getting ported out). Then there's the boss with the cultists that you usually kill before they get to her, but the achievement tells you to keep them alive, which puts more pressure on the healer. And the last one is a DPS race (kill the Herald within a short time). All in all there are easier achievements out there. ^^

Rades said...

Heh, that fight is the one fight I refuse to tell friends/guildies about on their first time through. Listening to their panic and OMG WTF AHHHH in chat is priceless. And we all have a good laugh about it afterwards.

Unknown said...

Ahhh, that person was me last night. I asked what to do and now I'm thinking they kept quiet cuz it was more fun that way, lol.

Darth Solo said...

@Celebrandil can't be bothered! I'm good as long as I get the heroic dungeon achievement. Anything extra is just icing.

@mike heh heh good one.